Sunday, May 17, 2009

Home






I can not even believe that I am writing this from my own bed in my own room in my little town of Burrillville.
The only noise I hear is Allie watching the finale of Survivor and wind chimes outside my door.
It's a bit different from the sounds of Dublin- ambulance sirens, thick Irish accents coming from the pub below our apartment, the clicking of horseshoes on the pavement, the honking horns, the voices on loudspeakers from the many taxi-strike parades.
I remember getting on the plane on January 8th, the meal I ate, the Irish woman sitting next to me.
I am in complete shock at how quickly the semester went by.
Everything I experienced from the waffles in Belgium to the crepes in France was absolutely amazing. Out of this world.
I have no words for what I experienced over the last four and a half months.
It is a good feeling to be home but as I look back on it now I miss 7 College street with its leaky ceilings, washing machines that stain all clothes blue, and floors that look as if they will collapse at any moment. Dublin has become my home away from home.
I don't know where the time went and right now I can barely process that I'm not in Ireland writing this blog but am instead in Rhode Island.
Time seemed to slip through my fingers while I was over there.
I didn't even have enough time to finish writing about all of my travels!
For now I'm going to go unpack and remember all of the amazing memories I made.
Over the next week or so I'll finish writing about my trips to Belgium, Spain, and France.
Thank you to everyone who followed my blog. You are all wonderful!
You've shared with me, in a little way, the most amazing time I have ever had and some of the most amazing memories I have ever made.

Slainte & Cheers,
Sam xo